Whereismal?

19 September 2006

Whitewater in the Netherlands?!

As much as I may sadly miss HPP, I will also be able to get my fix of whitewater here in the Netherlands. They are building a whitewater course just like HPP called Dutch Water Dreams and it's about 40 mins from where I live. The course will be the same as they are using for the 2008 Olympics in Beijing. Plus, it will house a couple of FlowRider waves which will be a right laff. If it's crap then there is always the Aquatica type swimming pool next door! DWD does not open officially open till 20th October but I popped in early to check out how it was looking. God knows how it is going to be ready on time because it was a building site when I got there! Not even sure I should've been walking around as it was all fenced off and there were many builders beavering away. But no-one told me to sod off so I walked the whole course and took the following pictures. I reckon I'll go to the opening weekend as there will be a party with live music so could be a laugh. I'll put the sleeping bag in the boot just in case ;-)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home