Whereismal?

19 September 2006

Snowboarding without mountains

There are a number of indoor snowboard snowboard places in the Netherlands like Milton Keynes. This week I was investigating a number of those places to visit when I found out that the nearest one called Snowplanet was hosting a special freestyle night. So I packed my gear up and headed there after work.

€15 euros got me 4hrs riding and it was better than any MK session, the DJ played some quality beats, the snow was not too bad, it was not too busy or too quiet and as you can see there were enough toys out to play with. Even on a regular night it is €21 for an hour or €28 for 4hrs so still cheaper than the MK. I started off like a true muppet but a half time beer sorted that out and by the end I was hitting the smaller jumps/rails/boxes and stomping a few 180's.

The big jump was balls out, but if I need to keep up with Jimbob and Alex in Whistler this winter then I'll need to launching myself off that soon. But tonight was not the night for that especially as I've not yet sorted out my health insurance! I did see the skiers hit it fakie and 360's plus some nutters on boards were landing 7's and I saw one backflip! Oddly enough I was very much in the minority with a helmet on?

Checkout the photos below and I'm sorry they are a bit blurred but that's about the best my little camera can do I'm afraid.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home