Whereismal?

23 November 2006

Beery Brits

So not much happening on the Whereismal? front this week mainly due to the fact of once again being knackered. What was supposed to be a nice quiet weekend after two brilliant but busy weekends, ended up being another top weekend.

I met the youngexpats again on Friday night - I wasn't fully up for it when I got home from work but het I had a little Friday feeling in me that I could not ignore. We met in an Ozzie bar called Coco's - a cool bar, pints of Fosters flowed and the inevitable dance floor action commenced. I met some English guys that night including someone who also grew up in Basingstoke, same as me - small world eh? Once, Coco's was over, the other youngexpats trawled home - some of them with nightmare train rides home, whilst in true British style we staggered on round town to find a late bar. That late bar happened to be a Karaoki bar - which on any other night in any other place I would've objected to! But this place was kinda cool and aparantly I howled out "Californication" by the Chili's at some point - I can't remember!

The only bad thing about the night was that it took me ages to find my bike when I realised I'd had enough paying €17 for a jug of beer. It was pissing it down with rain and I got hopelessly lost. I had a map but was so steaming that I could not read it! I thank the kind homeless dude that pointed me in the right direction and I apologies for thinking that all he was after was my money. If he ever recognises me again, I owe him a beer...

Having met the mad Brits on Friday, one of them, Kerry, invited me to her flat warming on the Saturday night. Everyone I met from the Karaoke bar was there, so my lack of memory was filled in and a good second night effort was put in by all. Some magician dude brought along a beer bong - a funnel to you and me. Not quite the 5 to 6 stubby effort from the Alps like below but it was good to see the girls get up and suck a can or two back! Including a Kylie obsessive - I've had my yearly dose of Kylie now thanks.


So the weather all weekend had been fantastic but I hadn't seen any of it just darkness! Still, I met a great new bunch of people under the cover of darkness :-)

I actually hooked up with Kerry again on Tuesday this week. I was hoping to get tickets for The Kooks from a tout but didn't bothered in the end but felt like a few "quiet" ones anyway. It was again pissing it down and I think that put off the Disco Twins that I had hoped to also hook up with. I think Kerry and myself managed to drink their share tho! It's been a while since some school night drinking back in Blackpool, but we kept knocking them back and avoiding going home early in the rain. Somehow beer by beer went by, bar after bar as they closed and before I knew it I was finally pedalling Betty home and my head hit the pillow at 4:54 am. Up at 8 for work was a killer. Fortunately (well for me anyway!) the guys on my project at work had busted an all nighter to get the system working so I was not the only one in the office feeling like shite. I keep my reasons to myself tho so I didn't upset them that whilst there were working their arses off I was ordering another round at the bar!

And so what shall this weekend hold? It's Pia's birthday amongst others who've hired out a bar to celebrate on Saturday - not been partying with everyone together in a while so really looking forward to that. Other than that nothing as of yesterday afternoon, but contact today about snowboarding, a late text message yesterday about going kayak surfing and an email about more British beers and it looks like another crammed weekend .=) Forget New York never sleeps, I think Amsterdam seems to also have a good rep! Better Zzzz now to be ready for it...

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

  • Adding to my observation that 'Beery Brits' and bikes - especially Dutch bikes with no breaks and a seat 4 feet off the ground! - are not a good combination! A bit like fish pie. :o)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 24/11/06 16:02  

Post a Comment

<< Home