Whereismal?

04 October 2006

Pratting about

I thought my real baby would be getting jealous of Betty so I went for a bit of a prat about on my bike last night. I think my addiction needs this t'shirt. I returned to the Amsterdam Bos where I spanked it the other week and took my digital camera with me to experiment with on my PC when I got back. Checkout the video below, although not quite Redbull bridge jumping.



The above clip took me a good few hours on my Windoze PC where as using iMovie on a Mac would be much easier and quicker. Roll on January when I will splash out on a new Mac Pro :-) Microsoft Mover Maker is possibly the worst piece of software I have ever used :-( It crashed 9 times when I was putting together the following compilation and the output quality is appalling. I can't install any other official video editing software like Premier or Avid on my Windows XP work laptop but if anyone knows of any open source alternatives to WMM them please let me know. Even QuickTime Pro on it's own won't let me mix speeds of video in the same clip.

So what else is new? My Mexican friends Agueda and Daniel where here last week and are currently touring around Germany before I catch up with them again next week. I have a picture of them that I took in Mexico but I hope to get a copy of their pictures in Amsterdam shortly. I forgot my camera :-(







The DWD opening sounds like it is going to be a busy time for me as I've found out there is also a major dance music festival in Amsterdam that weekend. Dancing till 5am and still going boating the following day may become challenging. But dancing till 6am at the Krafty Kuts album launch then going to work is going to be even worse! There's an awesome line up of DJ's, checkout the full 300+ list here. I wanna see the following, so already I have to compromise. Anyone else recommend other DJ's to see?

Wed 18 October / 21.00 - 03.00 / the winston ade pre party
Thu 19 October southern fried records party
Thu 19 October / 22.00 - 05.00 / dave clarke presents
Thu 19 October / 23.00 - 06.00 / against the grain (krafty kuts album launch)
Fri 20 October / 21.00 - 02.00 / beatbattle 06 a real-time producers competition
Fri 20 October / 23.00 - 05.00 / finger lickin records party
Fri 20 October / 23.00 - 05.00 / vonyc session
Fri 20 October / 23.00 - 06.00 / cocoon goes amsterdam
Fri 20 October / 23.00 - 05.00 / major league
Sat 21 October urbantorque label night
Sat 21 October / 17.00 - 18.00 / demolition part XI


But before that crazy weekend I am stoked to say Emma is here on Thurs for the long weekend. So I'll have loads more pictures to add next week I hope. If the weather is good then first stop is the beach again for some dinner. But it has been raining recently so I have a few restaurants in the city in mind instead. I really liked the Pijp area of bars and restaurants that I checked out with Agueda and Daniel. Then I'm looking forward to being a tour guide for the weekend and also checking out many of the sights I have not yet seen. Saturday night we'll have a few friends over for some more beers on the balcony which seems to be the "norm" over here.



Charlie joins us the following weekend for a break inbetween old and new jobs. I can imagine the establishments I visit with Charlie will be a lot more seedy than those I visit with Emma! But will be good to neck a few beers with a British buddy. I have plans to go snowboarding again that weekend with a kiwi friend Jonathan and also to the Walibi theme park with Michel from IBM.






So busy times ahead, watch this space for more updates. But before I go I wanna know who is the lucky sod in Switzerland at the moment?! I am using this cool website tracker called statcounter out of curiosity for how many people are reading my blog. It also records loadsa other stats like the country where the website reader is. So here is the current picture and I can account for everywhere except Switzerland - so which one of you lucky buggers is it?

2 Comments:

  • Vid needs music, probably better than I could do though ;)

    On that note where the hell is the boarding effort from Feb????

    As far as video stuff goes the latest one from Sony of all people is supposed to be better than apple's efforts. Should be about £50-60 but I'm sure you can get a "trial" version on the web somewhere.....

    :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/10/06 18:02  

  • Yes you are right about the music, will make sure that makes version 2. As for the boarding video then now I sold my old G4 so you'll have to wait until I buy my new computer in the new year. So more than likely it'll be a Whistler video rather than a La Plagne one!

    By Blogger Malcolm, at 11/10/06 23:02  

Post a Comment

<< Home