Whereismal?

28 January 2007

Megavalanche

I love riding my bike, but I've never entered a race. Why? Well I don't see the need to race against the clock. But I'm always racing against my buddies when out on the trail. That's why the Megavalanche caught my eye in a magazine recently.





700+ riders on a mass start at the snowy top of a mountain all the way down for about an hour to the finish line. I found the following pictures of last years event and I'm really keen on going this July if I can convince anyone crazy enough to go with me!








Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

  • The Megavalanche is sooo incredibly cool! I've entered twice and will again this year. What bike do you ride to enter the Megavalanche?

    I was just scanning through the 2000faces of dutch bloggers and visited your site. Your flickr slideshows brake my Flock btw! Safari can handle it slightly better.

    By Blogger Tanja, at 2/2/07 09:01  

  • I ride a '04 Kona Coiler and I see from your website you have a Rocky Mountain Slayer? I've only just moved to the Netherlands so would really appreciate knowing where to ride around here? I want to go to Winterpark in the summer :-) Oh and never heard of Flock so downloading it now to give it a try...

    By Blogger Malcolm, at 3/2/07 18:22  

  • Excellent ride, the Coiler!! The Slayer is a loaner untill my new Switch arrived (yeah). I live in Apeldoorn, and there's a small potential for trailriding here. Or else we ride in Rheden and Nijmegen, the same story, if you don't expect too much, you'll have a great time. But best times of (near-by) freeriding is in the Ardennes or Winterberg (or any other German bikepark for that matter).

    By Blogger Tanja, at 3/2/07 19:35  

Post a Comment

<< Home