Whereismal?

14 February 2007

Lech, it's where the Dutch royal family go you know

So last weekend was another trip away snowboarding. I have all the photos and a few videos below to show y'all what a cracking weekend it was. Thanks Matt, George, Rich, Ben and Zach for letting me tag along.

So first was the Monster drive on my own this time but I'll let the gimp in this video tell you all about it ->

((I was kidding myself if I thought I would have time before going away to edit some video, watch this space for an update when I return...))

Then we made the most of the new snow and found some nice freshish lines to play with. Top highlights include Dicky's ability to spot some sweet lines in gulleys, a steep section where I enjoyed hucking a big ollie off and trying to stand firm at mach 5 and ride out, Zach's new found love of snowboarding - from zero to kinda hero in 3 days, Georges camera taking effort taking shed loads of pictures, Dicky's wall riding skills resulting in a near death experience, a fairly large red park jump, the bush tucker challenge riding through the undergrowth, iPod riding and ducking the ropes for the lift line for 3 fresh runs where no-one followed. But I'll let the pictures describe a thousand words more ->



Then there was the downside to Lech and that is that it is full of toffs. We were sat in one bar when some snotty teenager came up to George and said "My father has paid €250 for 2 bottles of Vodka which means these seats are reserved for us". Needless to say the response given was less polite and there was no departure from our seats!

But highlight of the weekend had to be the sledging. There was a purpose built tobogganing run which was floodlit until 10pm. On the first night we completed the Jagermeister challenge by downing a double at the top making comedy runs afterwards. Each run was chased with a beer until we passed 10pm and had to make the final run down without floodlights - so so dark but so so funny. We enjoyed it so much so that after getting narked with the toffs on the slope the following day we got the sledges again for some daylight off piste action. That was when I got "stung by a bee" - I think I am 2 inches shorter due to spinal compression from all the bumps and crashes. I've put the following video together of all of it for your amusement ->

((Again, watch this space for an update when I return...))

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home