Whereismal?

30 March 2007

My world champion crowning awaits

So I went for it...I've entered the Indoor Snow Kayaking World Championships that are taking place for the first time ever this weekend in the Netherlands.

Snow what you say?! Just picture some normal canoeist paddling around a lake or something. Then imagine the same canoeist in the same canoe hurtling down a ski slope.

Nope, there is no steering. Nope, there are no brakes. That's why I think I have a good chance and I'm genuinly going to give it my best shot. If I don't return victorious at least I should have some amusing photos and videos to post here next week.

I received an entry email last night so I'll leave a few quotes from it below for your entertainment:

"We have registerd 164 Gliders living in 10 different nations. It's a pleasure that many people want to come to this wonderfull event!" - I'm one of only two Brits!

"The participant is obliged to wear protection" - I don't think he means this kind of protection!

"The participant is obliged to wear a good helmet!" - See told you!

"Your fysic and mental statement need to be correct and you understand the risks of snowkayak and take the full responsibility for it." - my logic is that the bigger the beer belly, the more weight and potential energy to get me faster down the hill. I also state I am mental - is that correct enough a statement?!

"At last but not least: Think of your own healthy! Materials are replacable, your health isn't." - OK ok, I get the picture......but I have one last thing to say......

Cannon Ball!!!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home