Whereismal?

30 March 2007

Quick! Clean the flat, the parents are coming...

The weekend after I returned from Whistler, my parents popped over for their first visit. I thankfully recruited Emma to come over at the same time to assist in the duties and was greatly appreciated! Especially as just shy of 3 years, it was the first time Emma had met my parents. But it seemed to go well and I think a good weekend was had by all?!

Everyone arrived on Thursday and whilst I went to work on Friday, the first bonding session was had by everyone else sightseeing around the city. Anne Franks house and the flower market to be precise.

That evening we went to a restaurant called Moeders (Mothers) which was my treat for the pending mothers day. I think I won some brownie points there but we couldn't stay for the great puddings as for xmas I had actually got my parents tickets to see Jules Holland. So off they skipped to Paradiso whilst Emma and I got the beers in elsewhere.

Saturday morning was a lie in for all and by the time we made it out, we could only squeeze in the Van Gogh museum before the evenings plans unfolded. I booked food and a live jazz show afterwards at the Bimhuis. I lost brownie points here as the food was not the best but at least the band made up for it.

Last but not list was a very brief and insanely windy drive to the beach for a cuppa before my parents were safely on their flight back to Glasgow.

So to prove I can be a nice son sometimes, see the photos of the weekend below:


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home