Whereismal?

05 September 2007

Leeds Festival 2007

OK so I am working backwards a bit here cos the Leeds Festival was the last jolly we had on holiday. But I still have some processing of the rest of the holiday photos to do so you can have this update in the meantime.

Emma and I joined Emma's sister, Nic, and husband Dave for the full weekends madness arriving on the Thursday. Kate and boyfriend, Dale, joined us on the Saturday and Sunday so it was a good group of revellers.

keeping warm

The campsite wasn't that busy as the more experienced Leeds festival go'ers amongst us suggested pitching up as far away as possible. It was still only a 30 min walk to the main arena so a good idea if you ask me. We had cracking weather all weekend, the suncream was passed around and the gazebo was even put up to shade us from sun not rain! This photo below is from the sun setting on Thursday night.

Leeds festival 2007 campsite panorama

It was mostly a blurry weekend as an obscene amount of cheap weak lager was consumed. But I think I managed to see Fall Out Boy, Jamie T, CSS, LCD Soundsystem, The Klaxons, Gossip, Maximo Park, Interpol, Kings of Leon, Razorlight, The Young Knives, Pigeon Detectives, Digitalism, Bloc Party, Arcade Fire, Red Hot Chili Peppers and U.N.K.L.E.

The biggest let down of the weekend had to be the Pigeon Detectives. I really love their album but the lead singer is an utter prick. He was leaping around the stage totally wasted like he thought he was god. Listen mate, just because you've knocked out one good album doesn't make you a genius. If he continues like that I don't think they'll last that long. Fame too quickly me thinks. It wasn't helped by the fact I thought I was watching a Busted gig as I was surrounded by teenage kiddies at the front of the crowd.

Ah well now I have got that off my chest I can go on with the highlights. I quite liked Fall Out Boy as the lead singer was not afraid to chat up the crowd in a much less embarrassing way than Gossip. But Gossip got my thumbs up for a belter of a voice and Bloc Party also had a great crowd rapport. Digitalism were a good match for my Daft Punk love but the highlight had to be Razorlight. Probably not due to their performance but more likely the amount of cheap shite lager we had consumed that day and the singing/dancing that followed!

Razorlight

RHCP closed the whole weekend with a monster 2 hour set. They were a surprising let down but good for me as I nipped off on my own to go see U.N.K.L.E. in the dance tent instead. It was fairly quiet in there as most of the dance mob did not realise how rocky U.N.K.L.E. are but I loved it. Some guy I didn't recognise came on to sing three songs of which one was Lonely Soul. A brilliant song for the last set of a top weekend :-)

Back next year? Hmmm not so sure, too many people for the size of the site and too expensive but maybe just maybe if the line up is closer to my tastes...

Checkout the rest of the photos here or in slideshow format here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home