Whereismal?

10 October 2006

Emma's first visit

So Emma was here for the first time last weekend. We had a great time as you can see from the few photos I've added below.

Emma arrived on Thursday and as it was bucketing it down with rain we spent the evening in a cosy French restaurant recommended by Mickael - Cheers!






The rain continued throughout Friday but I skipped off work early so we could checkout some car showrooms for my new car. It wouldn't stop raining so the delights of the local take away were experienced and a night in watching a movie.

Again it rained it the morning on Saturday but that didn't dampen our spirits. We donned the waterproofs and I introduced Emma to Betty. I don't think it was jealousy, but they didn't seem to hit it off like Betty and myself. Probably due to the fact that Betty is about twice the size of Emma! But nevertheless we peddled our way all over the city including the northeast docks area which would've been lovely if not for the wind! At least the rain stopped quickly and the sun was shining warm.

A few friends came over for Saturday night and there was a bit of a welcome me gathering in the flat. Cool bunch of people from all over the place, French, German, Dutch. Neither of us two can remember falling asleep but it was a late one!

Sunday we got to the beach for some nosh and a stroll to get rid of the hangover. It's getting quieter at the beach now and it looks like all the beach bars get dismantled and stored for the winter.

Monday night we went to Paradiso which is a concert hall to see Jurassic 5. It was class, a wicked little venue that I look forward to frequenting many a time in the future. DJ Nu-Mark was brilliant twisting dials and tweaking knobs to make some quality beats. They other guys were great at getting the crowd going and the sold out crowd were well up for it. Glad they played some of their older J5 and Quality Control stuff as well as their new Feedback album.

Big name acts sell out here quickly. I've tried and failed to get tickets for Badly Drawn Boy, The Killers, The Kooks and Razorlight so far. Tickets go on sale at 9am Saturday morning, a time which I think I have yet to see in Amsterdam!

Emma flew home this morning, but we've already booked the next flight out for the weekend of 4/5 Nov. It's also a weekend Mickael is away so if anyone would like to come over and join us then feel free. I'm also heading back to Blackpool for the 9/10 Dec for Barry's 40th - looking forward to that messy one! And whilst I was in a flight booking mode I also booked my flight to Whistler for the end of Feb to see helm boy Smith and the massively dangerous Jimbob. Watch out the Mathie Canuks - I'm coming to invade again!

Mexicans tomorrow, Charlie on Thurs - it's all go at the mo!

Oh and before I go I nearly forgot to apologises to pea for stealing aunty emma away from what was the expected pea arrival date. Best wishes to Nic and Dave for when pea does arrive :-)



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home