Whereismal?

12 December 2006

Barry's B'day and camera shame

Last weekend I flew home for the weekend to see Emma and head over to Blackpool for Barry's 40th birthday - hooking up with many great friends I made working at DWP in Lytham St. Annes before I left IBM UK.

I brought with me some entertaining presents from the delights of the most famous suburb of Amsterdam. I also picked up something for myself from the airport - the new Nikon D40 camera. But I goofed up cos Emma was planning to get me the camera for Christmas :-( I was completely shocked, stunned and gutted all at the same time when she told me cos I was totally not expecting Emma to spend so much on muggins for Christmas. Now Emma has the impossible task of finding something else - sorry Emma!

I have been deliberating over the camera purchase since it was announced - price, size and screen were all big attractions for me. But I know I was going to Canada in February and was planning to get it cheaper there. But then only the kit form will be available in North America and idealy I wanted just the body and this lens which is hard to get hold of. But I saved myself €100 in the airport and I can now practice using the cheaper lens till I can afford the more expensive lens. Plus, a big important factor, is that I can now take pictures of my family and their new home at Christmas. So, except for displeasing Emma, I'm happy to have the camera now.

Well enough waffle - here's some pictures from the weekend. I flew into Leeds and spent Friday night with Emma in York. Saturday morning we had a quick walk around York town where the ice sculptures were. Saturday afternoon we drove to Blackpool, partied in Poulton and crashed at Neil's - cheers all for a top weekend :-)




Can you guess which photos from the weekend I took with my compact camera?!

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home