Whereismal?

07 December 2006

Random links

I've been saving a few random links for a while and keep meaning to add them here individually, each with a story to tell. But they are mounting up so I'll batch them all into one post with a brief message otherwise I'll never get round to it:

1) Whilst browsing the internet to find when the North Americans kids have their school holidays, I found this site could be use to determine which country to work in next! Brazil anyone?!

2) If I can't get more holidays, how about a change in job?!

3) Anyone used this? -> Twitter

4) I always wondered where "going Dutch" and "Dutch courage" came from. Well now I know.

5) Why are there so many windmills in The Netherlands, yet not much corn is grown to mill? They pump water that's why.

6) Forget kayaking 1st decents on planet Earth, how being the first to run a rapid on Mars?!

I had a great time with Olaf and co last weekend, although I didn't catch up with him on Saturday night. Mickael had his brother over from Paris and I ate out with them - by the time we got into town Olaf was already in need of passing out back at his hotel. Still plenty of "sightseeing" was had together on Friday and Sunday :-)

This weekend I am heading back to the UK to see Emma and we are both off to Barry's 40th in Blackpool on Saturday night. I wonder how tolerant of UK beers my gut will be after spoiling it over here?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home