Whereismal?

07 May 2007

Queensday 2007

As you may have guessed from my previous but one post I went to the Nürburgring to catch up with Peach. Well I've been mincing around drafting a blog update gathering the best pics and vids that it's just taking too long so watch this space for that later.

What I can put up now is the photos of Koninginnedag (Queensday). A national holiday in the Netherlands last Monday to celebrate the Queens birthday. Basically an all day festival and the city of Amsterdam goes mad for it.


I was lucky enough to spend a good few hours of it on Nic and Estelle's boat - cheers guys! It was like the M25 in rush hour on the canals, thousands of boats but it was much better than braving the zillions of pedestrians lining the streets.


It was amusing chugging along past all the monster party boats all competing for the loudest sound system. I took some good snaps whilst sipping back the beers until I entered a world of pain. Funnily enough there is no such thing as a floating toilet on canals and plenty of police around to bust you for doing so where you shouldn't. I came close to crying before Nic pulled over and I was able to let out the most pleasurable sigh of relief in my life.


Back on it, able to beer top up even more, the boat toddled off to the boat shed and I boarded land in search of the best party. I caught up with Kerry and Liz, who were definitely in the orange spirit of things.


After a bit of crusing the streets we ended up in a bar with nice beer garden (poshly called a terrace here) converted into a stage. The dancing began, the drinking continued and the rest of the evening becomes a little blurry. But I was home at 4am and going to work was lovely experience the following day :-(


Somehow my camera survived and I've got some nice shots of revellers. Watch out for the pics when I managed to convince Kerry to jump on stage with the Jon Bon Jovi wannabe. Yet another reason for nearly wetting myself!














click here to view photo slideshow in Flickr





And here's another poor effort on the video camera, but it least it shows how busy the canals were:



click here to view video in Google

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home